Click on our News Section to see if there are standards that are currently open for comment.
SOC welcomes your input to help ensure that these practice standards are practical and used consistently across the state. We encourage technical standard reviewers to evaluate the application of the draft standard to local conditions and to check for consistency among overlapping or similar technical standards.
Important Note: When reviewing technical standards, it is extremely important to review the definitions listed at the end of the standard as they clarify many questions. Words that are listed in the Definitions section will be italicized the first time that they appear in the standard.
Instructions to Submit Comments
To provide input on a newly developed or revised technical standards, review the procedure below:
- Notice of the draft standards will be posted to this site and announced on the SOC listserv. Sign up to be notified of standards available for comment. Click our News Section to view standards that are currently, or were recently, open for review.
- The comment period is typically 14 to 21 days.
- Submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may be directly within the email text, within an attached Word document, or a marked-up and scanned pdf.
- Keep comments specific, technical, and directly related to the standard. Where possible, indicate the line number or section number to which you are referring, for example “In Site Criteria item (3): Does this mean that…” Respond in the same order as the sections appear in the draft. If you have general comments applicable to the entire standard please note them as such.
- All comments received will be considered and a summary of the responses to the comments will be posted on the standard webpage. Received comments will be included as submitted in the summary of responses.
- If you would like to request revisions to any WDNR or NRCS technical standards, please contact email@example.com.