WISCONSIN FIELD OFFICE TECHNICAL GUIDE
NOTICE FOTG WI-65
The following revisions to the Wisconsin FOTG have been posted on the Wisconsin e-FOTG website:
- Standard 313, Waste Storage Facility
- Standard 340, Cover Crop
- Standard 382, Fence
- Standard 399, Fish Pond Management (Deleted)
- Standard 422, Hedgerow Planting (Deleted)
- Standard 560, Access Road
- Standard 575, Animal Trails and Walkways
- Standard 629, Waste Treatment
- Standard 634, Waste Transfer
- Standard 643A, Shoreland Habitat –Interim (Deleted)
- Standard 654, Road, Trail, Landing Closure and Treatment (New)
- Standard 672, Building Envelope Improvement (New)
Explanation of Changes/Revisions:
- Standard 313, Clarified the location of 10:1 slab transitions was not at wall footings. Changed the heading name of “Embankment” to “Impoundment” in various tables to clarify that the requirements applied to excavated slopes as well as embankments.
- Standard 340, Minor revisions to; add Soil Health and Condition as an Additional Criteria, add criteria to adjust the seeding rate when over-seeding is done and add mandatory soil moisture assessment prior to over-seeding a cover crop. The December 2013 NRCS Cover Crop Termination Guidelines, Non-Irrigated Cropland – Version 2 was posted in the references section to replace the June 2013 NRCS Cover Crop Termination Guidelines – Non-Irrigated Cropland.
- Standard 382, Minor revisions to the standards to more closely reflect the national practice standard. The practice lifespan statement was made more general and moved to the Operation and Maintenance section. A series of Standard Drawings of typical fence types and components was added to the references section of the standard.
- Standard 399, Removed from Section IV of the Wisconsin FOTG. The national NRCS standard may be utilized as needed to plan and implement this practice.
- Standard 422, Removed from Section IV of the Wisconsin FOTG. The national NRCS standard may be utilized as needed to plan and implement this practice. Wisconsin NRCS practice standards 612 Tree and Shrub Establishment and Standard 380 Windbreak/Shelterbelt contain tree and shrub planning criteria and references that can also be used to design and install plantings of woody vegetation for conservation purposes.
- Standard 560, Revised the section on crossings to have consistent criteria with Standard 575.
- Standard 575, Revised the section on crossings to have consistent criteria with Standard 560.
- Standard 629, Revised Table 2 to allow 40 mil polyethylene liners under concrete and asphalt work surfaces.
- Standard 634, Corrected the criteria that relief valves are to be set above the working pressure, not the system pressure rating. Removed the requirement for clean-outs on pipes transferring materials with low solids.
- Standard 643A, Removed from Section IV of the Wisconsin FOTG. The Interim national NRCS practice standard utilized as the basis for the Wisconsin standard has expired and was not added to the National Handbook of Conservation Practice Standards.
- Agronomy Technical Note 7, updated Seeding Methods to reflect the use of cover crop over-seeding, the seeding dates for Spring Barley and Spring Wheat were changed from 08/15 to 09/01 and the maximum seeding rate for Winter Barley was raised from 75 to 83 lbs/ac in Table 1.
A link to the Wisconsin FOTG is located on the Wisconsin NRCS web site at: