Eric Rortvedt, Team Leader, WDNR
Roger Bannerman, USGS, Retired WDNR
Chris Allen, Contech Engineered Solutions
Adrienne Cizek, Stormwater Solutions Engineering, LLC
Jay Holtz, Oldcastle
Judy Horwatich, USGS
Jan Kucher, UW-Madison
Philip Taylor, Hydro International
Nick Vande Hey, McMahon Engineers & Architects
John Voorhees, AECOM
Bob Pitt, ad-hoc member
Jake Brunoehler, ad-hoc member
If you have questions regarding this standard, contact SOC Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Team Leader at email@example.com.
- August 1, 2018
- September 12, 2018
- October 10, 2018
- November 28, 2018
- February 13, 2019
- March 20, 2019 – Agenda, Notes
- April 10, 2019 – CANCELLED
- May 8, 2019 – Agenda, Notes
- June 12, 2019 – CANCELLED
- July 10, 2019 – Agenda, Notes
- August 14, 2019 – Agenda, Notes
- September 11, 2019 (conf. call) – Agenda, Notes
- December 18, 2019 (conf. call) – Agenda, Notes
- June 11, 2020 (online) – Agenda
- The need for subsequent meetings to be determined
Goal: The Standard Team created a new technical standard that can be used to determine the efficacy of proprietary storm water filtration devices. This team defined the criteria and procedures to determine the reduction in total suspended solids and total phosphorus using proprietary filtration devices. Development of this standard included the review of existing research and procedures utilized by other state programs along with input from government and industry experts.
Initial Review: November 2019
Broad Review: March 17, 2020 to April 17, 2020 – Comments are being addressed now.
Anticipated Publication Date: 2020
Work Team Status: This team began meeting in August 2018. Meetings were held approximately monthly until the draft standard was completed.
More details on meetings, including agendas and minutes, are available in the left sidebar.
- National Stormwater Testing and Evaluation of Products and Practices (STEPP) Workgroup Steering Committee. February 6, 2014. Investigation into the Feasibility of a National Testing and Evaluation Program for Stormwater Products and Practices.
- Pitt, R.E. August 1, 2018. Presentation Slides, Development of Stormwater Treatment Methods.
- Pitt, R.E., J. Voorhees and S. Clark. 2011. “Continuous Long Term Simulations for Evaluating Storage Treatment Design Options of Stormwater Filters.” Journal of Water Management Modeling R241-07. [Note: Examines Madison 5-yr rain histories and shows how to calculate treatment flow rates to meet specific objectives (including combinations of storage and treatment).]
- Pitt, R. and Vorhees, J. March 8, 2016. User Guide of HydroInternational’s Up‐Flo® Filter in WinSLAMM. [Note: Includes a brief summary of 50 monitored events and controlled tests for that device, describing what info was collected and how it was presented.]
- Pitt, R. and Vorhees, J. June 9, 2018. General Information Needs for Adding Proprietary Stormwater Treatment Devices in WinSLAMM.
- Togawa, N., Pitt, R. E., Durrans, S.R., Williamson, D.G., Boykin, K.M., Clark, S.E. 2011. Development and Testing of Protocols for Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Treatment of Stormwater, A Dissertation. [Note: Ch. 6 includes a comparison of TAPE, TARP, NJCAT, and ETV protocols, using his monitored results as an example. He also provided some suggestions (mainly to ensure that the protocols include the wide range of events that occur in an area).]
- Wisconsin Department of Commerce and Department of Natural Resources. May 2008. Standard 1006 – Method for Predicting the Efficiency of Proprietary Storm Water Sedimentation Devices.
Storm Water Device Evaluation Protocol and Reports