Mary Anne Lowndes, Sponsor, WDNR
Eric Rortvedt, Team Leader, WDNR
Jim Bachhuber, Brown and Caldwell
Roger Bannerman, USGS, Retired WDNR
Chris Allen, Contech Engineered Solutions
Adrienne Cizek, Stormwater Solutions Engineering, LLC
Jay Holtz, Oldcastle
Judy Horwatich, USGS
Jan Kucher, UW-Madison
Philip Taylor, Hydro International
Nick Vande Hey, McMahon Engineers & Architects
John Voorhees, AECOM
Bob Pitt, ad-hoc member
Jake Brunoehler, ad-hoc member
If you have questions regarding this standard, contact SOC Program Manager at email@example.com or the Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 1, 2018
- September 12, 2018
- October 10, 2018
- November 28, 2018
- February 13, 2019
- March 20, 2019
- April 10, 2019 – CANCELLED
- May 8, 2019
- June 12, 2019 – CANCELLED
- July 10, 2019
- August 14, 2019
- September 11, 2019
- October 9, 2019
- The need for subsequent meetings to be determined
Goal: The Standard Team will create a new technical standard that can be used to determine the efficacy of proprietary filtration devices. This team will define the criteria that predicts the reduction in total suspended solids and other pollutants, if appropriate, that are achieved by proprietary filtration devices. This team will examine existing research, consider new technologies, propose criteria, and consider input from expert and public review.
Initial Review Anticipated: Summer/Fall 2019
Broad Review Anticipated: Fall/Winter 2019
Publication Date: TBD
Work Team Status: This team began meeting in August 2018. Meetings will be held approximately monthly until the standard is completed. More details on meetings, including agendas and minutes, will be available in the left sidebar as the work develops.
- National Stormwater Testing and Evaluation of Products and Practices (STEPP) Workgroup Steering Committee. February 6, 2014. Investigation into the Feasibility of a National Testing and Evaluation Program for Stormwater Products and Practices.
- Pitt, R.E. August 1, 2018. Presentation Slides, Development of Stormwater Treatment Methods.
- Pitt, R.E., J. Voorhees and S. Clark. 2011. “Continuous Long Term Simulations for Evaluating Storage Treatment Design Options of Stormwater Filters.” Journal of Water Management Modeling R241-07. [Note: Examines Madison 5-yr rain histories and shows how to calculate treatment flow rates to meet specific objectives (including combinations of storage and treatment).]
- Pitt, R. and Vorhees, J. March 8, 2016. User Guide of HydroInternational’s Up‐Flo® Filter in WinSLAMM. [Note: Includes a brief summary of 50 monitored events and controlled tests for that device, describing what info was collected and how it was presented.]
- Pitt, R. and Vorhees, J. June 9, 2018. General Information Needs for Adding Proprietary Stormwater Treatment Devices in WinSLAMM.
- Togawa, N., Pitt, R. E., Durrans, S.R., Williamson, D.G., Boykin, K.M., Clark, S.E. 2011. Development and Testing of Protocols for Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Treatment of Stormwater, A Dissertation. [Note: Ch. 6 includes a comparison of TAPE, TARP, NJCAT, and ETV protocols, using his monitored results as an example. He also provided some suggestions (mainly to ensure that the protocols include the wide range of events that occur in an area).]
- Wisconsin Department of Commerce and Department of Natural Resources. May 2008. Standard 1006 – Method for Predicting the Efficiency of Proprietary Storm Water Sedimentation Devices.
Storm Water Device Evaluation Protocol and Reports